Saturday mornings are our time to make a nice breakfast or brunch that involves a little more than grabbing for a bowl, and spoon and adding milk to cereal. I always look forward to our Saturday Morning Breakfasts together. It’s an opportunity to make a fun, new recipe in the company of my husband and sit around the kitchen table visiting about the previous week, and our weekend plans.
My husband loves to run and as much as he loves running he enjoys his biscuits and gravy. I decided to make homemade gluten free biscuits Saturday which were a huge hit. Sometimes gluten free baked treats can be a little dry, and fall apart but not these. These were delicious and even made my non-gluten loving husband happy.
Thank you to www.whattheforkfoodblog.com for the delicious biscuit recipe. I used slight modifications to this recipe. I substituted whipping cream instead of milk. To make these you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Cookie sheet
- First you will need to preheat the over to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl you will need to add the flour, xantham gum, salt, and baking powder, and salt. Then you will need add the butter.
- Next you will need to stir in the milk and mix.
- You will then need to roll into a balls and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Since these were going to be pulled apart for biscuits and gravy, I didn’t worry too much about the shape of the biscuits.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, and serve.