Monday July 4th we celebrated Independence Day playing golf at a nearby golf course but before we headed out a round of family fun we made a delicious breakfast that I wanted to share with you. Thank you to www.sixsisterstuff.com for sharing this delicious and easy to make recipe.
This was a great recipe to make for a holiday in which we celebrated with family. It was delicious and tasted just like a cinnamon roll. We made a slight modification and substituted regular bread for texas toast. Since the recipe called for a few loaves of bread we thought texas toast would make this thicker.
To make this you will need the following items:
- Texas Toast – 1 loaf
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- mixing bowl
- 9×13 pan
- coconut oil cooking spray
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 1/2 -1/3 inch slice and place them in rows in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Next combine the egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg in the mixing bowl, and whisk together.
- Pour the mixture over the bread slices.
- Then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon. Place in the oven and bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Once this has been cooked then pour the melted cream cheese frosting on the top.
This was a very easy recipe to make. Since I am sensitive to gluten I had only a few bites but I would love to try substituting this with gluten free bread. It tasted similar to a warm cinnamon roll, and a combination of french toast. If you try this recipe let me know your thoughts.